How to Apply
Applicants are required to provide:
- A cover letter with a detailed response to the essential criteria listed in the position description
- A copy of your current resume
- Details of 2 referees (one must be a current supervisor)
- Please send your completed application to the nominated person as per the job advertisement
We are currently seeking applications for the following position/s:
Penrith - General Practitioner - Full Time
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Provide clinical services to advance the health of Wellington Aboriginal Corporation Health Service including specific services of general medical practice, emergency care and community health.
- Contribute to the planning, delivery and evaluation of the primary health programs and services delivered by Wellington Aboriginal Corporation Health Service.
- Contribute to the development of clinical policies and best practice services delivery in primary health care.
- Actively implement the suit of EPC Items including Aboriginal Health Checks as part of routine planned care.
- Provide client care in accordance with the ethics and standards of the medical profession.
- Ensure that concise comprehensive, and accurate client records are maintained in a timely manner.
- Maintain appropriate records that provide the service with timely and accurate reports.
- Undertake professional development activities to ensure the continued delivery of best practice clinical care.
- Participate in medical research and quality assurance programs to ensure safe and effective health care.
- Gather and record statistical data relevant to measuring performance against agreed indicators and participate in review and evaluation activities.
- Participate in meetings, supervision and performance reviews in accordance with organisational requirements.
- Participate in organisational and community activities to advance the health of Aboriginal people.
- Other duties as required, within your skills, experience and capacity.
- The general practitioner is required to be appropriately trained and experienced in the discipline of general practice, and assessed as competent for the position in rural New South Wales.
- The general practitioner must abide by all legislative acts governing medical practice in New South Wales.
- Previous experience in providing health services to Aboriginal communities and a thorough working knowledge of health issues impacting on Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people.
- Previous experience working within a structured policy environment and the ability to implement and monitor staff compliance.
- Demonstrate a good standard of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective internal and external workplace relationships.
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history, and current issues affecting the lives of Aboriginal people.
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues that impact on Aboriginal people and Aboriginal communities.
- Willingness to undertake professional training.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Understanding of EEO, H&S, EAPS and Ethical works practices and the ability to implement and model these standards within the workplace.
- Contact: Kylie McCauley
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 02 4729 7300