The aim of this team is to integrate early childhood, maternal health and family support services within school settings. The program is for pregnant mothers and children aged under 5 years in the Mount Druitt and Doonside regions so that children are healthy and well prepared for school.
This includes engaging families in health care to facilitate better outcomes by the time they start school with a focus on the following domains.
- physical health and wellbeing
- social competence
- emotional maturity
- language and cognitive skills
- communication skills and general knowledge
This project delivers the health component of the Connected Beginnings Projects that are led by education agencies Ngroo, Mount Druitt and Doonside.
We can also help with:
- Immunisation catch up/schedules
- Annual Health Checks
- Providing culturally appropriate/ ongoing support
- Onward referral to allied health services and medical specialist for support
- Developmental check and age milestones
- Support at appointments and health/education meetings
- Linking to preschool education and enrolments to school
- Work towards achieving school readiness