Mt Druitt - Connected Beginnings - Child Healthcare Worker - Full Time
ABOUT THE POSITION
Greater Western Aboriginal Health service is seeking an experienced and professional Aboriginal Child Health Care Worker to assist our Connected Beginnings - Child Health Team
The Aboriginal Child Health Care worker will be required to work with the Current Connected Beginnings Community programs.
The Connected Beginnings Aboriginal Child health care Worker is responsible for facilitating healthcare screening and access to children referred into the Doonside and/or Mount Druitt Connected Beginnings Projects. This includes engaging families for health care for birth to five-year-old children to facilitate better outcomes by the time they start school with a focus on the following domains.
- physical health and wellbeing
- social competence
- emotional maturity
- language and cognitive skills
- Communication skills and general knowledge.
This project delivers the health component of the Connected Beginnings Projects that are led by education agencies Ngroo, Mount Druitt and Ngallu Wal, Doonside.
The Child Healthcare Worker is required to provide a holistic culturally sensitive evidenced based clinical care and health promotion/education to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families.
- Work with and support the work of the Connected Beginnings Health workers in delivering the required services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families to continuously improve the quality of Child Health and Education Services
- Provide advice and support to improve the clinical practice of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander
IS IT AN ABORIGINAL OR TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER IDENTIFIED POSITION?
- Current unencumbered NSW Class C drivers Licence, a willingness to travel and ability to drive a vehicle between sites
- Working with Children and Criminal Record check clearances.
- Certificate 3 or higher in child health/development
- Certificate 3 or higher in Child Health/ Development.
- Experience in clinical or community base health care
- Excellence in team work
- Excellent communication skills with children, families and service partners
- Experience in clinical and case management of clients
- Demonstrated time management and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues that impact on Aboriginal people and Aboriginal communities
- Current Driver’s License
- Contact: Clair Padilla
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (02) 9836 7300 or 0439 092 446
- Application closing date: Friday, 31 July 2020