Senior Finance Officer/Accountant
Warne Street, Wellington
Is this an Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander identified position?
- Qualification in Business, Management, Commerce, Accounting, or related discipline
- Experience in managing a multi-faceted finance or accounting function
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and other statutory requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of government funding and acquittals.
- Demonstrated ability to engage & work effectively with Aboriginal people and communities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team
- High level interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Analysis and problems solving skills.
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of the organisation.
- High level of computer literacy; sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Working with Children and Criminal Record check clearances and a current NSW Driver’s Licence
About The Position
- Maintain general ledger including month-end journals, loan reconciliations, revenue reconciliations, balance sheet account reconciliations and completion of related financial information & reports.
- Maintain asset register and the depreciation schedule.
- Review and ensure accuracy of weekly payroll prepared by the finance officers.
- Review weekly accounts payable process across various divisions.
- Monitor financial delegations and financial approvals to ensure that approval limits are exercised appropriately.
- Review journals and bank reconciliations prepared by the finance officers.
- Assist in the completion of monthly and annual financial and management accounting processes, to ensure accurate and timely reporting of the Corporation's financial performance and position.
- Assist CFO and SMT in preparing and executing the annual organisational and departmental budgets, forecasts to ensure achievement of strategic objectives whilst maintaining effective cost controls.
- Maintain funding summary, reconciliations and assist in the preparation of funding acquittals.
- Assist in managing organisation’s assets including motor vehicle fleet, equipment, facilities, leases, insurance policies, maintenance etc.
Reporting and Analysis
- Assist CFO in the end of month, and end of year financial reporting process.
- Assist in the annual external audit process and the preparation of annual financial report.
- Provide senior management, statistical and other reports to meet organisational, stakeholder and statutory requirements including timely reconciliations, analysis, and financial reports.
- Assist with accurate and timely submission of statutory lodgements including PAYG, BAS/GST, FBT returns, WorkCover insurance reconciliations & lodgements, funding acquittals and reporting.
- Comply with all relevant legislation and regulatory standards.
- Ensure compliance with all organisational policies and procedure and legislative requirements.
- Ensure client and community confidentiality is maintained.
Leadership and People Management
- Provide leadership to ensure that staff capability is developed to each team member’s full potential to assist in achieving the organisation’s strategic and financial objectives.
- Work in consultation with the CFO to build capability and ensure effective financial management across the organisation.
- Ensure that all employees are complying with relevant WH&S legislation and that any issues are identified and resolved appropriately.
- Work collaboratively with the internal and external stakeholders to achieve operational efficiencies and successful outcomes.Systems, Policy and Procedure Development
- In consultation with the CFO develop Business Services policies and procedures to ensure that the functions are demonstrating consistent practices across the organisation.
- Identify and implement process improvements in the Corporation’s financial and procurement processes.
- Comply with and promote EEO across the organisation.
- Contact: Stacey York
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0467 875 572