Cascade Street, Katoomba
Hours per week
Is this an Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander identified position?
- Registered Nurse (NSW) with current unencumbered AHPRA Registration.
About The Position
This position is based at 23-27 Cascade Street, Katoomba. Suitable applicant will be required to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support, advocate and liaise for the community within the Clinic environment.
- Liaise between clients and clinic staff and assist with the follow up of clients treatments
- Provide appropriate referral services – referring clients to appropriate services and community health
- Monitor local Aboriginal Health problems and needs, and advise the General Manager and/or professional staff
- Participate in or carry out preventive and health education activities under the supervision of GP’s and or Nursing Staff
- Promote healthy lifestyle in the community
- Collect, collate and coordinate health statistics and information processes for the advancement of Aboriginal health and well-being
- Implement and evaluate public health strategies, programs and services directed to the needs of the Aboriginal community of the region
- Undertake primary care tasks within the boundaries of your qualifications
- Work closely with the GP’s and relevant clinic staff to assist with all aspects of the development and delivery of health care plans
- Develop and maintain contact with communities regarding Indigenous health
- Assist in the development and delivery of health education programs
- Provide reports as required on time
- Liaise with allied health professionals and specialist as required
- Liaise with other AMS’s and hospitals for client medical and medication records as necessary
- Ensure good rapport and communication with external health services
- Actively encourage and promote continuous improvement
- Liaise with clients for screenings and tests as required
Note: Aboriginality is a genuine occupational qualification for the above position and is authorized under Section 14D of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 No. 48.
- Contact: Veenita Rao - Practice Manager
- Email: email@example.com