Aboriginal Health Worker
Hours per week
Is this an Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander identified position?
• Certificate IV in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care (Practice) or equivalent or working
towards achieving the qualification.
• Demonstrated experience of working independently and/or showing initiative in relation to patient care
• Understanding and knowledge of specialist medical, allied health and support services locally
• Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of the issues that impact on Aboriginal people and Aboriginal communities
• Demonstrated knowledge of the primary health care setting in a variety of locations or ability to develop this
knowledge base in the brief period of time.
• Computer literacy and a high standard of report writing
• Working with Children and Criminal Record check clearances and a current NSW Drivers Licence
• Immunisation Record; Including evidence of Health Worker Vaccinations (DTP,Hep B, MMR, Varicella, Annual
Influenza and COVID 19 vaccinations x 2).
About The Position
The Aboriginal Health Worker directs patient contact and provides provide a full range of primary care support services under the supervision of the General Practitioners and clinic staff in a way that fully supports a high standards of quality care. The Aboriginal Health Worker – Clinical Stream reports directly to the Team Leader Clinic.
Note: Previous applicants need not apply
- Contact: Kylie McCauley
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 02 4729 7300
- Application closing date: Friday, 31 March 2023